- Project Name:
- Original Design
- Janurary 2009
Back in 2009 I started to explore the Steampunk aesthetic and spats seemed to be a good place to start my designs. I adapted a pattern I found online for ankle-high spats meant to fit loosely over sneakers/shoes/flats to be knee-high, snug, and to fit over my high-heeled platform boots. I also, for some insane reason, decided to make them "authentic" with functional buttons instead of a zipper.
In the end, I had 10 button knee-high spats custom tailored to my boots. And through a stroke of remnant-bin luck, I had used a waterproof fabric so my spats remain fairly clean and are relatively stain-proof.
I made a second pair of brown cotton twill spats (which I'm lacking pictures of) for a friends as a birthday present in 2010.